How The Photochemical Etching Process Works
Step-By-Step: Photochemical Etching of Complex Metal Parts Service from Advanced Metal Etching
Photo Etching Offers You Precision and Accuracy unavailable in Other Processes:
- We work with your drawing, digital or conventional hard copy, to produce an exacting AutoCAD-generated phototool. This phototool is a faithful replica of your part, meeting all of your specifications.
- We thoroughly clean the metal you have carefully chosen for your part and its specific use.
- We apply a photoresist coating to make the metal surface sensitive to light.
- We contact expose the phototool to the sensitized metal surface with a UV light source, then treat the metal in a developing solution to create a hardened image of the desired part on the metal surface.
- We process the metal surface with an etchant to give you the desired design.
- We inspect the part, remove all photoresist, clean the part, inspect it again, package to prevent damage and ship.
- We treat all waste water and recycle the spent etchant solution, meeting and exceeding all federal, state and local regulations. We employ a fulltime waste treatment operator with Class B and Class 1 certifications.
You won't think so when you see the parts.